Pacific Commissioning and Coordination Ltd is jointly owned by Chris Burrows and Carl D’Rose. We pride ourselves on providing practical commissioning solutions for our clients to ensure positive outcomes, in terms of building comfort and efficiency. We have a collaborative approach that allows us to get the best results from the commissioning team.
In 2002, as part of Pacific Consultants, we began providing building services management and coordination for main contractors on projects such as the Starship Hospital upgrade, Stamford Plaza, and the Waitakere Hospital upgrade.
In 2008 Pacific began providing commissioning management services, and has been engaged as Independent Commissioning Agent (ICA) on some of New Zealand’s most prominent Green Star projects. This Green Star roll of honour includes Auckland’s first 5-star rated building, the Deloitte Centre, as well as Christchurch civic building, and the Geyser building, which are New Zealand’s first and second 6-star rated buildings respectively. We also worked on Ormiston’s Senior College, which was New Zealand’s first 5-Green Star project under the Education Design (pilot) rating scheme.
In 2013 we set about redefining our position in the industry along with the services we provide. Thus leading to rebranding ourselves as Pacific Commissioning and Coordination, which is a distinct and separate entity to Pacific Consultants. As part of this rebrand we focussed on what our key values and points of differences are:
- While we understand the building design process and principals, and even though many of our team have a design background, we do not provide design services. We feel this strengthens our independent status and focus on project delivery.
- Our main focus is always on our client’s needs, and we work closely with them to provide innovative solutions ensuring that each building is functioning at it’s optimal level.
- We have a diverse client base including building owners, project managers, main contractors and subcontractors which gives us an appreciation of all facets of the construction industry and enables us to work with, and not against, all parties involved in the project.
- We’re motivated by our desire to provide consistently high quality commissioning solutions which result in buildings that meet the highest possible standards, and ensures further opportunities to work on complex high profile projects.
- We pride ourselves on our ethical approach, hard work, and passion for building services.