Building Services Coordination
Building Services can account for up to 30% of a project’s cost. It’s important to have a specialist manage these trades to ensure that the installation, commissioning and operation are smooth and efficient. Leaving this to chance can cause costly clashes, confusion and programme delays.
Pacific has provided quality building services coordination to main contractors since 2001, and our engineers have expertise in all building services disciplines. These include: HVAC, electrical, fire protection, hydraulics, data and security.
Our construction coordination services generally include:
- Reviewing of consultant specifications and drawings.
- Management of subcontractors shop drawings and technical submittal process.
- Managing in-ceiling services coordination.
- Management of subcontractors RFIs.
- Management of all trade interfaces including organising of all necessary shutdowns and tie-ins.
- Running services meetings and recording and preparing minutes.
- Preparation of all site specific commissioning and Quality Assurance documents.
- Quality assurance inspections of onsite works.
- Assisting services trades in developing commissioning plans.
- Management of staff training and handover.
- Management of completion defects.
- Assisting the commercial team on variations.
- Management of O&M Manual(s) development, finalisation and submittal, as per the client’s requirements.
We are often engaged to provide pre-construction services, which include:
- Reviewing tender documents and providing a building services construction methodology. This will be included in the contractor’s tender submission.
- Attending design meetings and providing input on constructability, design options, and site logistics.
- Reviewing developed design and detailed design documents for errors, omissions and incompleteness.
- Reviewing of building services tenders for compliance and completeness.
- Management of additional site surveys that are required to complete the design.
- Development of detailed shutdown plans, as design details are developed and available.
- Engaging with suppliers and subcontractors as required for feasibility and pricing options.
- Providing valuable engineering input if required.
- Providing input on ESD and Green Star compliance processes.