Regional Science and Innovation Centre
Pacific have developed a strong portfolio of work in the tertiary education sector with notable projects across the New Zealand’s universities especially in the science and engineering faculties. The Regional Science and Innovation Centre (RSIC) is a great example of this. RSIC will house specialist teaching and laboratory facilities for physics, astronomy, chemistry, geology, geography and biological sciences across its 25,000sqm of new space. Pacific have been engaged by the University of Canterbury, (as well as on their Engineering the Future and New Education Building projects) to provide independent commissioning agent services. Pacific also see this as an opportunity to develop the University of Canterbury’s approach to commissioning and building tuning so that this process can be standardized and implemented on all future University of Canterbury projects.
- 3 x large Air Handling Unit delivering up to 40,000 l/s each serving vertical zones through out the facility.
- Distributed HVAC plant including Swegon AHU’s and active chilled beams and variable air volume units.
- Centralised Stobic exhaust fans serving over one hundred fume cupboards.
- PC2 Clean rooms.
- Laboratory gas systems including main plant and distribution nextwork of 22 different gases.
- 2x 1350kW air cooled chillers with one additional low load 500kw chiller.
- New BMS System that integrates to the existing university campus BMS system.
- DALI Lighting controls throughout.
- Natural ventilated atrium space complete with smoke exhaust detected from a specialised aspirating smoke detection system.